Monday, September 17, 2012

Warsaw, more like gimme moresaw


The first few days of my orientation have gone by incredibly slow I'd say, but in a good way.  I met Jenna, Max, and Mary at the airport in Chicago and we had some time to chat before boarding our plane.  For the approximately 9 hour flight I sat next to I believe a Russian woman so needless to say we barely spoke.  Once we arrived in Warsaw we had a 12 hour layover and so had plenty of time to kill in the city.  The new area is undergoing a lot of construction and really wasn't much to look at in my opinion, but once we made it to Old Town, after 5 different people gave us various different directions or simply shrugged and walked off, there was a lot more interesting places to see.


The Palace of Culture and Science in Warsaw



Delicious Polish Spinach Pierogies


Max, Mary, and Jenna with their traditional Polish beers (apparently comparable to PBR)











The Royal Palace






Marking where a part of the Ghetto Wall once stood in Warsaw

No comments:

Post a Comment