Wednesday, September 19, 2012

...And a Kindle stuffed under my bra.

(I meant to publish this earlier but realized I never had, hence why it's a bit out of order)

I've created a nice little song to accompany my first bit of traveling...

On the 1st day of my journey, I had to stuff on my body (because I didn't take the weight restriction for carry on luggage seriously) --- A Kindle stuffed under my bra.
For the 2nd hidden item I stuffed on my body --- 2 long sleeve shirts and a Kindle stuffed under my bra.
For the 3rd hidden item I stuffed on my body --- 3 extra pairs of underwear, 2 long sleeve shirts, and a Kindle stuffed under my bra...

You get the idea, I thought it was catchy.  So flying out of Chicago I came to realize my backpack and carry on bag were both too heavy.  Since I refuse to spend more money than necessary on baggage I went ahead and did what any cheap person would do and stuffed as much excess stuff on my body as possible right before I got my 2 bags weighed.  Here is the final list of what excess clothing and items found a temporary resting place on my body:
-3 pairs of underwear
-1 pair of sweatpants
-2 long sleeve shirts
-2 sweaters
-1 windbreaker
-My wallet and journal stuffed into my boots
-Laptop charger stuffed in my pants
-Kindle stuffed under my bra
-iPod, wall plug, and external hard drive stuffed into my pockets
-Swimsuit top over my bra (and Kindle)
-5 necklaces
-1 scarf

Needless to say it was a great start to my trip.  After that debacle everything else seemed to go pretty smooth from there.  I met Jenna, Mary, and Max at the airport.  The flight to Warsaw was around 9 hours and then we had 12 hours to kill in Warsaw.  Figuring out navigating the city was interesting but still we seemed to make do.  We really just spent about 6 hours wandering around between the new town area and Old Town, which definitely had more character to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment